Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday / Lunch

Generally speaking there is a very unified culinary palate here on Withers street; Molly and I amazingly nearly always agree on flavors. There are exceptions of course and Anchovies are one of them. I love them and Molly could easily do without. Today I toasted some French Baguette directly over the grill top, drizzled a little olive oil on them and laid these little fishes on there with some lemon juice, pepper, thyme, and a touch of salt.

In my humble opinion, anchovies are the perfect food. They are immensely salty and have so much depth and richness to them. At their very best they give the luminous impression of their origins, the deep blue sea. Rustic and simple; I, for one, can't think of a more satisfying lunch. - dmp

1 comment:

Jennette said...

I HATE the anchovies that cheap pizza places in the midwest use on pizzas. I LOVE real anchovies in salads and pastas. Your lunch looks delish.