Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thursday / Pork Chops & Salad

Yes, yes... I know there have been a lot of Pork Chops as of late, but they are too delicious too resist! These chops are from Flying Pigs. I realized I may have been a bit unclear before, they are not pure Ossabaw's but Ossabaw/Tamworth mixed breeds. Ossabaws, beyond being a bit closer to beef in flavor and color due to their gaminess, also have a good deal of delicious fat (notice the layer in the second picture below pre-trimming). While we been eating a lot of chops, cooking them so much really gave me a chance to get it right and I definitely did this last time. -dmp
Above: Pork Chop with pan jus and lemon zest, Salad of arugula, fennel, apple, & cracklings.
Below: Jeff made some cookies the same night, this is a pretty glorious sight.

No comments: